What is the Housekeeping Program?
- Housekeeping is a service which delivers support to individuals who live in their own homes and cannot maintain adequate household cleanliness and/or adequate nutrition. The services provided include routine and seasonal cleaning, laundry, meal organizing and preparation, basic pet care, errands and grocery shopping. Trained staff of Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce provide the housekeeping services. The service is available Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Frequency and scope of the service will be based on individual assessment.
Who can receive the Housekeeping Services?
- Clients for the Housekeeping Program include adults who are unable to complete routine household tasks due to cognitive impairment, physical disability, frailty, or an acute or chronic illness.
- If the housekeeping needs cannot be met safely in their own home, a person may be found ineligible for the Program.
Where is the Housekeeping Program offered?
- Housekeeping Services are available throughout Grey and Bruce Counties
Are there any other services offered?
- If a home requires an intensive cleaning to bring it to a point where routine cleaning is possible, this will be completed by two staff working together.
- If work is required from ladders this can be arranged, but two staff will work together.
- The housekeepers can help pack and unpack to assist with moving if family or caregivers are not available to assist.
- Housekeeping staff are able to shop from a list with a maximum of $100.00 cash, and can make a maximum of three stops when running errands.
- Transportation costs to complete the errands will be billed to the client at a mileage fee of $10.00 minimum or .45 cents per kilometer.
Is there a fee for this service?
- There is a cost of $18.50 per hour. The minimum visit is one hour, and will be based upon a comprehensive in-home needs assessment.
For more information… Call 519-372-2091 or 1-800-267-3798 ext. 4