What is Movin’GB?
- Movin’GB is a Transportation program. A support service which provides rides to non-emergency medical appointments, shopping, banking, and various social activities and programs. This service may also be used for long distance medical appointments to out of county medical centres.
When is this service available?
- The service is available Monday to Friday unless a medical or dialysis appointment can only be accommodated on the weekend.
- All rides must be arranged through Need a Ride? Transportation Schedulers.
Is Movin’GB wheelchair accessible?
- The service utilizes wheel chair accessible vans operated by employees as well as volunteer drivers using their personal vehicles.
- Client must be independent with all aspects of mobility, personal care, communication or provide their own escort who will provide any assistance required.
- Clients must be able to get themselves to and from their appointment from the vehicle drop off location.
Is there a fee for this service?
- There is a nominal fee based on distance traveled and the client’s ability to pay. All fares are calculated as round trips.
How do I book a ride?
Call the number below between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. a minimum of two business days before your trip
Talk to our scheduler.
Be prepared to provide:
Your name, address, phone number.
Date and Time of appointment
Information regarding mobility and/or assistive devices.
This service is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Book in advance whenever possible.
For more information… Call 519-370-0558 or 1-888-660-6048